Monday, April 12, 2010

It has begun!



I regret not posting anything any sooner, but lots of super-crazy stuff has been happening around this place! BIG NEWS! We just announced to the world that we are expecting a baby in September! Then came the realization that I won't be able to work my physical full-time job late into the pregnancy. So, the store seemed like a natural next step (I think!).

Then, I get word that my beloved 112-year old great grandmother passed away the day after the home show...she was the oldest documented person in Missouri and quite a woman...she will be sorely missed by many.

Time has truly gotten away from me. I can't believe Easter has come and gone. With that came the final decision to take the plunge and sign the lease. Of course, the day before I go to sign the lease, I find another place that's bigger and offers me more options on design...I'm torn. But, the decision gets made for me. The bigger place has MICE! And, the landlord won't even consider letting me have a store cat, so that takes me back to the original place...and the papers were signed last Thrusday! WOO HOO! Step one has been taken...there is no turning back now!

I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm overwhelmed, and I'm happy we get our house back...having pet supplies literally shoved in every nook and cranny of our house has taken its toll on us and on the cats that live with us. Don't get me wrong...they have loved having boxes stacked high...oh the places they can go...but we want our space back. With the pet supplies in a new store, we actually have room for a baby! BONUS!

So, now it begins. I have to get shelving and finish ordering supplies. I have to make decisions on what other brands of food to bring in and if I have enough of the things I need to make the store look good. We got tons of great response at the home show, so I'm counting on all those folks to be customers.

What's next? I get to wait. The landlords are installing a new floor...a finished concrete floor and I get to help choose the color. I'm hoping for a new coat of paint on the walls and away we go!

Keep an eye out for new posts...there will be lots for me to tell you all and lots of new stuff that I add to the store. I'd love opinions on what you like and what you think others would like. That's the fun of a blog. I will have a contest or two along the way as well...as a thank you to all who help me out...I'm going to need all the help I can get!

In the meantime, check out a before pic of the new place. Then imagine it with filled with great, healthy stuff for your pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment